Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Tracks From Soundtracks Vol.14: A Coen Bros.Mix (A Soundtrack Heaven Original Compilation)

 


Ethan and Joel Coen are masters when it comes to producing/directing movies. They also have good taste when selecting music to include in their soundtracks. This collection brings together a roots music selection of gospel, blues, folk and traditional standards.

1 Come, Let Us Go Back To God - The Soul Stirrers (The LadyKillers) 

2 Down To The River To Pray - Alison Krauss (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 

3 I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 

4 Jesus, I'll Never Forget - The Soul Stirrers (The LadyKillers) 

5 The Man In Me - Bob Dylan (The Big Lebowski) 

6 Trouble Of This World - Bill Landford (The LadyKillers) 

7 Keep On The Sunny Side - The Whites (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 

8 Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles - Captain Beefheart (The Big Lebowski) 

9 I'll Fly Away - Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 

10 The Boxer[Album Version] - Colin Linden (Intolerable Cruelty) 

11 Troubled, Lord I'm Troubled - Bill Lanford (The LadyKillers) 

12 I Am Weary (Let Me Rest) - The Cox Family (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 

13 I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good - Nina Simone (The Big Lebowski) 

14 You Can't Hurt God - Donnie McClurkin (The LadyKillers) 

15 A Christian's Plea - Claude Jeter (The LadyKillers) 

16 Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) - Kenny Rogers & The First Edition (The Big Lebowski) 

17 In The Jailhouse Now - The Soggy Bottom Boys Feat. Tim Blake Nelson (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 

18 Dead Flowers - Townes Van Zandt (The Big Lebowski) 

19 Hotel California - Gipsy Kings (The Big Lebowski) 

20 Glory Of Love[Album Version] - Big Bill Broonzy (Intolerable Cruelty) 

21 Hard Time Killing Floor Blues - Chris Thomas King (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 

22 Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby - Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 

23 Any Day Now - The Soul Stirrers (The LadyKillers) 

24 Let Your Light Shine On Me - Blind Willie Johnson (The LadyKillers) 

25 Angel Band - The Stanley Brothers (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 


No comments: